Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What is the exchange rate of gift cards to cash?

I buy gift cards from anyone who wants to sell them at a discount for cash. I usually give them %60 of the face value, sometimes less, but I was wondering if there was a going rate....

What is the exchange rate of gift cards to cash?
There is no going "rate", except if it's a "cash" gift card. For a "merchandise" gift, each merchandise package must be evaluated separately. It is difficult to establish a rate for $50 worth of: bricks, steer manure, 30 lbs. of jell-o, or hernia operation because their selling prices and costs are so variable. Your "gut" tells you 60%; that's reasonable to me, but I'd pay 80% for a "Big Mac" Very interesting question and I learned something.
Reply:i can sell it on ebay for almost 85-90%


No comments:

Post a Comment