Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What should I take as a gift to someone living in a rural community near Xalapa, Mexico?

I am visiting some friends of my mother's in Coatepec near Xalapa in Mexico. What would be a good gift to bring the lady of the house from the states. Is there anything hard to get there that might be easier for me to get here that would surprise them and be a welcome and happily received gift. Nothing I hate more than bringing a useless or not-really-appropriate gift.





Ideas??

What should I take as a gift to someone living in a rural community near Xalapa, Mexico?
Hey, I am an American living in Coatepec. This is a tough question. Is this family well off , medium or poor? Hard to think of things. If you had been in the house before, it would be helpful. Also depends on your budget. one thing would be a really nice 4 slice toaster with wide slots. Can't find those here.Also sheets and towels are more expensive here and not as good quality...a set of pretty, nice quality double bed sheets, or some very nice heavy towels would be nice. If it is a family with a computer, a flash drive would be great .... they are much more expensive here. Alos, really good quality chocolates, like Russell sotover..hard to find and more expensive here. hope you have a great trip.

computer security

No comments:

Post a Comment