Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What should I get for a home-stay gift for a family in another country?

I'm staying in a family's home in Italy for 2 nights and 3 days, and I need some ideas on what I give them as a gift for letting me stay at their house.





I already plan to get a thank you card, but I need to get something that represents the United States, since I am a student ambassador.





Do you have any ideas? Anything would be great!!!





(And don't say flags, because I don't want to give any flags)





Thanks! :)

What should I get for a home-stay gift for a family in another country?
I am from Texas and my gift when I travel is a coffee-table book with regional photographs.
Reply:oh how funny, i am going to Italy soon as well. I plan on bringing an item that is particular to my region. For instance, i am from Ga so i will bring peach hard candy. Having had several foriegn people stay in our home, I have noticed that candy always goes over well. Really just give them something they could not buy at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment