Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Can I use a Vanilla Visa Gift Card to purchase a USPS money order?

I recently bought a $100 Vanilla Visa Gift Card with the intention of using it to make an online purchase. However, I discovered that it cannot be used to make online purchases. I now wish to purchase a USPS money order using the gift card. The gift card does not have a PIN, and does not store billing addresses or cardholder names. Can I buy a money order?

Can I use a Vanilla Visa Gift Card to purchase a USPS money order?
it acts like a credit card, so probably not. If it had a pin and acted like a debit card, you could:





From http://www.usps.com/money/sendingmoney/m...





Domestic Money Orders


Money Orders let you send money safely through the mail.


Postal Money Orders are a safe, convenient, and economical alternative to sending cash through the mail. They can be purchased from any Post Office™ locations in the United States as well as from any rural route carrier, available up to $1,000 each. A current government-issued or state-issued picture identification is required for money order purchases of $3,000 or more in a single day. Other features include:





Domestic Money Orders





Purchase with cash, debit card, or traveler's check


Valid for an unlimited period


Can be cashed at any Post Office or can be deposited or negotiated at your financial institution


Replace damaged, lost, or stolen money orders
Reply:Hi there,





I am in a similar situation as xaznxsne... I would appreciate if it xaznxsne... could let me know whether he tried to purchase a money order with that gift card with any success. Thanks!





Rach Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment