Friday, May 21, 2010

If I cancelled an order online using a Visa Gift Card, will the pending authorization not go through?

I've recently used a Wal-Mart Visa Gift card on an online merchant and I cancelled the order within about 1 minute. I've check my "Pending Authorizations" and the order is still there. The site said that they did not charge the card. Will that order go away and give my money back? How long will the Pending Transaction last? Any help is appreciated.

If I cancelled an order online using a Visa Gift Card, will the pending authorization not go through?
A pending authorization could take 7 to 10 days to fall off. Call the merchant and ask them to cancel the authorization and that might speed up the process. good luck
Reply:It seems like the merchant didn't charge your card. Check with the gift card folks to get your credit balance by calling the number or going to the website on the back of the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment