Saturday, November 14, 2009

What would be a good gift to give a host family in Spain?

I am going to be staying with a host family in Spain for three weeks in August and I wanted to give the family a gift, or gifts (I do not know anything about the family yet). I am already making a picture book with pictures of my family, where I live, and the cities near me (D.C. %26amp; Baltimore) to give to the family. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks!

What would be a good gift to give a host family in Spain?
I think the picture book is really a good idea. If you want to give your host family something else, why not give them something that´s typical for the place and the cities near you. But I think the picture book is just great. Have a nice visit in Spain.
Reply:Hi,


Just stick to you picture book. That's personal, they want to meet you, want to know you!


While there tell them things of US they don't know yet, things they can't pick up from the telly (which mostly is politics anyway). "Show" them the USA in stories you tell and what lives among the people.


Maybe you can cook some specialty food (recipes from the family or your homeplace).


That will do.


Carla from the Netherlands (After 13 months in the USA we have a totally different look at the country and its people than telly news and soaps tend to give us -in Europe-)


No comments:

Post a Comment